The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme
Hypnobirthing- The Wise Hippo way!
The Full Hypnobirthing Preparation Programme
I choose to teach The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme, a fresh modern approach to traditional old style hypnobirthing. In this life changing education, you will learn simple, yet effective techniques to help you remain calm, relaxed and in control throughout your pregnancy, birth and early parenting. It doesn’t need to be pain free or drug free to be an amazing experience. What we will focus on is achieving the right birth on the day which allows a huge sense of achievement! Couples leave my classes feeling calm, confident and looking forward to the birth of their baby!
Start these classes any time after your 20 week detailed ultrasound scan.
Class Details and Fees (per couple)
• 4 x 2 hour classes, followed up with a 1 hour refresher class approximately one month before your baby’s estimated due date (or guess date!).
• Wise Hippo Birthing Programme manual to support your practice at home
• 7 Relaxation MP3’s including post birth healing MP3.
• Wealth of knowledge and experience from Louise’s years working as an NHS Midwife and Health Visitor!
• Online access to Wise Hippo birthing resources
• Telephone and email support
Private classes weekday daytime
Private classes weekday evenings
Weekend sessions over 2 weekends – please contact Louise for availability
A non-refundable £50 deposit is payable at time of booking, and the balance payable by cash or bank transfer, one month before the start of the first class.
Classes for Returning Couples
Many couples return to me pregnant with baby number 2, 3 or 4…
I offer a bespoke 2 hour HypnoBirthing refresher
It’s always lovely to see you back again!
Investing in The Wise Hippo classes is not only for your birthing day, but an investment yourselves and your new family. You’ll have the tools and techniques learnt for life!
My classes are friendly, informal and welcoming. I enjoy teaching antenatal classes from my home in St Albans. This is a comfortable, relaxing environment, that really lends itself to teaching Hypnobirthing. Unrestricted parking is available.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme Course
• The Picture of Childbirth Today
• The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme Materials
• Defining Hypnosis
• Acknowledging Pain
• The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
• Mind/Body Connection
• The Impact of Others
• Taking Charge of Your Thoughts
• Relaxation- The Antidote to Discomfort
• What is relaxation?
• Positions For Relaxation And Distractions
• Remember to Breathe
• Eyes Open Hypnosis
• Time Distortion
• Birth Partners Script
• Practising What You Have Learnt- Establishing a Routine
• Prenatal Bonding
• Choosing Where to Have Your Baby
• Your Baby’s Ideal Position for Birth
• Physical Preparations for Birth
• Birth Planning/Preferences/Choices
• Natural Nudges of Encouragement for Your Baby
• Alternative Options for Promoting Comfort
• Medical Interventions Discussed
• Fear Release
• Soothing Strokes and The Power of Positive Touch
• Positions for Birth
• Ligaments and Pelvis
• Humming Your Baby Down- Birthing Your Baby
• Birth Partner’s Role
• Using the Techniques for Labour and Birth
• When Baby Arrives
• Sea of Serenity- Birth Hypnosis Session
• Your Practice and Preparation Diary
Stumbled across the Wise Hippo HypnoBirthing late in pregnancy?
Do not worry, it is never too late. There is always still time! Please contact me to discuss availability.
Investing in your birthing day with The Wise Hippo, is an investment for yourselves and your new family. You’ll have the tools and techniques learnt for life!
Upcoming Group Classes 2020
Due to the COVID-19 situation, all BirthBalm classes will be conducted live & online, using Zoom. Classes will still be interactive, with discussions, demos, bespoke content and time to ask questions.
January 2020 -Fully Booked
Mondays 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th. All 7.30pm
February 2020 - Fully booked
Mondays 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th. All at 7.30pm
March 2020- Fully booked
Mondays 2nd, 9th, 16th & 23rd. All at 7.30pm
April 2020 - fully booked
Mon 30th March, Mon 6th April, Tue 14th April & Mon 20th April. All at 7.30pm
May 2020 - fully booked, 1-1 classes available
Mondays 27th April, 4th May, 11th & 18th. All at 7.30pm
June 2020 - 1 place remaining
Mondays 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd June. All at 7.30pm
Mondays 29th (June), 6th, 13th, 20th July. All at 7.30pm.
Mon 3rd, 10th, 24th August, Tue 1st September. All at 7.30pm
Paid Time off Work for Classes!
You are entitled to paid time off from work to attend antenatal classes, if they have been recommended by a doctor or midwife. Also, the dad has the right to unpaid time off work to attend 2 antenatal appointments.
Find out more at www.gov.uk/working-when-pregnant-your-rights