The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme
Hypnobirthing- The Wise Hippo way!
The Full Hypnobirthing Preparation Programme
I choose to teach The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme, a fresh modern approach to traditional old style hypnobirthing. In this life changing education, you will learn simple, yet effective techniques to help you remain calm, relaxed and in control throughout your pregnancy, birth and early parenting. It doesn’t need to be pain free or drug free to be an amazing experience. What we will focus on is achieving the right birth on the day which allows a huge sense of achievement! Couples leave my classes feeling calm, confident and looking forward to the birth of their baby!
Start these classes any time after your 20 week detailed ultrasound scan.
Class Details and Fees (per couple)
• 4 x 2 hour classes, followed up with a 1 hour refresher class approximately one month before your baby’s estimated due date (or guess date!).
• Wise Hippo Birthing Programme manual to support your practice at home
• 10 Relaxation MP3’s including 2 post birth healing MP3’s.
• Wealth of knowledge and experience from Louise’s 14 years working as an NHS Midwife, Health Visitor and Hypnobirthing teacher since 2009.
• Online access to Wise Hippo birthing resources, video library, breastfeeding session.
• Telephone and email support
Zoom Group classes £219 per couple
Private Zoom classes weekday daytime £269 per couple
Private Zoom classes weekday evenings £299 per couple
A non-refundable £50 deposit is payable at time of booking, and the balance payable by cash or bank transfer, one month before the start of the first class.
Classes for Returning Couples
Many couples return to me pregnant with baby number 2, 3 or 4…
I offer a private bespoke 2 hour HypnoBirthing refresher for £100
It’s always so lovely to see you back again!
Investing in The Wise Hippo classes is not only for your birthing day, but an investment yourselves and your new family. You’ll have the tools and techniques learnt for life!
My classes are friendly, informal and welcoming. I enjoy teaching antenatal classes from my home in St Albans. This is a comfortable, relaxing environment, that really lends itself to teaching Hypnobirthing. Unrestricted parking is available.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme Course
• The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme Materials
• Defining Hypnosis
• Acknowledging Pain
• The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
• Mind/Body Connection
• The Impact of Others
• Taking Charge of Your Thoughts
• What is relaxation?
• Positions For Relaxation And Distractions
• Remember to Breathe
• Eyes Open Hypnosis
• Time Distortion
• Birth Partners Script
• Practising What You Have Learnt- Establishing a Routine
• Choosing Where to Have Your Baby
• Your Baby’s Ideal Position for Birth
• Physical Preparations for Birth
• Birth Planning/Preferences/Choices
• Natural Nudges of Encouragement for Your Baby
• Alternative Options for Promoting Comfort
• Medical Interventions Discussed
• Fear Release
• Positions for Birth
• Ligaments and Pelvis
• Humming Your Baby Down- Birthing Your Baby
• Birth Partner’s Role
• Using the Techniques for Labour and Birth
• When Baby Arrives
• Sea of Serenity- Birth Hypnosis Session
• Your Practice and Preparation Diary
Stumbled across the Wise Hippo HypnoBirthing late in pregnancy?
Do not worry, it is never too late. There is always still time! Please contact me to discuss availability.
Investing in your birthing day with The Wise Hippo, is an investment for yourselves and your new family. You’ll have the tools and techniques learnt for life!
Upcoming Classes 2021
Face to face Group and 1:1 classes have recommenced!
Zoom 1:1 and Group classes continue to be available. Zoom classes are still interactive, with discussions, demos, bespoke content and time to ask questions.
All of the above adheres to current Government COVID-19 guidance.
May 2021- Fully Booked
May 5th,10th,17th, 24th. All at 7.30pm
June 2021 - Fully Booked
June 2nd, 7th, 14th and 21st. All at 7.30pm.
July 2021 - Fully Booked
June 24th, July 5th, 12th and 19th. All at 7.30pm.
August 2021 - Fully Booked
Face to face classes - August 2nd, 9th, 12th and 23rd. All at 7.30pm
Zoom classes are also available
September 2021 - Fully booked, 1:1 and Zoom classes available
Face to face classes - September 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd. All at 7.30pm
Zoom classes - September 15th, 22nd, 29th and October 6th. All at 7.30-9.30pm
October 2021 - 1 place remaining (1:1 and Zoom classes also available)
Face to face classes - September 30th, October 7th, 14th and 21st. All at 7.30pm
Zoom classes - October 13th, 20th, 27th and 3rd November All at 7.30-9.30pm
November 2021 - 3 places remaining (1:1 and Zoom classes also available)
Face to face classes - Thursdays 28th (Oct) 4th, 11th, 18th November. All at 7.30pm.
Zoom classes - November 10th, 17th, 24th and December 1st. All at 7.30pm-9.30pm.
December 2021 (Zoom classes also available)
Face to face classes - Thursdays 25th (Nov), 2nd, 9th, 16th December. All at 7.30pm
Zoom classes also available.
Paid Time off Work for Classes!
You are entitled to paid time off from work to attend antenatal classes, if they have been recommended by a doctor or midwife. Also, the dad has the right to unpaid time off work to attend 2 antenatal appointments.
Find out more at www.gov.uk/working-when-pregnant-your-rights