The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme
Hypnobirthing- The Wise Hippo way!
The Full 10 Hour Hypnobirthing Preparation Programme
I choose to teach The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme, a fresh modern approach to traditional old style hypnobirthing. In this life changing education, you will learn simple, yet effective techniques to help you remain calm, relaxed and in control throughout your pregnancy, birth and early parenting. It doesn’t need to be pain free or drug free to be an amazing experience. What we will focus on is achieving the right birth on the day which allows a huge sense of achievement! Couples leave my classes feeling calm, confident and looking forward to the birth of their baby!
Start these classes any time after your 20 week detailed ultrasound scan.
Class Details and Fees (per couple)
• 4 x 2.5 hour classes, followed up with a 1 hour refresher class approximately one month before your baby’s estimated due date (or guess date!).
• Wise Hippo Birthing Programme manual
• 7 Relaxation MP3’s including post birth healing MP3.
• Wealth of knowledge and experience from Louise’s years working as an NHS Midwife and Health Visitor!
• Telephone and email support
Group classes £275
Private classes weekday daytime £295
Private classes weekday evenings £395
Weekend sessions over 2 weekends – please contact Louise for availability
A non-refundable £50 deposit is payable at time of booking, and the balance payable by cash or bank transfer, one month before the start of the first class.
Classes for Returning Couples
Many couples return to me pregnant with baby number 2, 3 or 4…
I offer a bespoke 2 hour HypnoBirthing refresher £100
It’s always lovely to see you back again!
Investing in The Wise Hippo classes is not only for your birthing day, but an investment yourselves and your new family. You’ll have the tools and techniques learnt for life!
My classes are friendly, informal and welcoming. I enjoy teaching antenatal classes from my home in St Albans. This is a comfortable, relaxing environment, that really lends itself to teaching Hypnobirthing. Unrestricted parking is available.
The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme Course
• The Picture of Childbirth Today
• The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme Materials
• Defining Hypnosis
• Acknowledging Pain
• The Physiology of Birth and the Impact of Fear
• Mind/Body Connection
• The Impact of Others
• Taking Charge of Your Thoughts
• Relaxation- The Antidote to Discomfort
• What is relaxation?
• Positions For Relaxation And Distractions
• Remember to Breathe
• Eyes Open Hypnosis
• Time Distortion
• Birth Partners Script
• Practising What You Have Learnt- Establishing a Routine
• Prenatal Bonding
• Choosing Where to Have Your Baby
• Your Baby’s Ideal Position for Birth
• Physical Preparations for Birth
• Birth Planning/Preferences/Choices
• Natural Nudges of Encouragement for Your Baby
• Alternative Options for Promoting Comfort
• Medical Interventions Discussed
• Fear Release
• Soothing Strokes and The Power of Positive Touch
• Positions for Birth
• Ligaments and Pelvis
• Humming Your Baby Down- Birthing Your Baby
• Birth Partner’s Role
• Using the Techniques for Labour and Birth
• When Baby Arrives
• Sea of Serenity- Birth Hypnosis Session
• Your Practice and Preparation Diary
Stumbled across the Wise Hippo HypnoBirthing late in pregnancy?
Do not worry, it is never too late. There is always still time! Please contact me to discuss availability.
Investing in your birthing day with The Wise Hippo, is an investment for yourselves and your new family. You’ll have the tools and techniques learnt for life!
Upcoming Group Classes 2019
December 2018 - Fully Booked
Mondays 3rd, 10th, 17th and Thursday 20th December. All at 7.30pm
January 2019 - Fully Booked
Wednesday 2nd, Mondays 7th, 14th and 21st January. All at 730pm
February 2019 - Fully Booked
Mondays at 7.30pm January 28th, February 4th, 11th and 25th
March 2019 - Fully Booked (private 1-1 daytime classes available)
Mondays 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th March. All at 7.30pm.
April 2019 (1 place remaining)
Mondays 1st, 8th, 15th and Tuesday 23rd April. All at 7.30pm
Monday 29th April, Tuesday 7th May, Mondays 13th and 20th May. All 7.30pm
Tuesday 28th May, then Mondays 3rd, 10th, 17th June. All at 7.30pm
Mondays 24th June, then 1st, 8th, 15th July. All at 7.30pm
Paid Time off Work for Classes!
You are entitled to paid time off from work to attend antenatal classes, if they have been recommended by a doctor or midwife. Also, the dad has the right to unpaid time off work to attend 2 antenatal appointments.
Find out more at www.gov.uk/working-when-pregnant-your-rights